Beneficial. Natural. Patented.
Our thermal muds are unique in terms of composition and therapeutic efficacy: the maturation process of thermal clay, in contact with hyperthermal salt-bromine-iodine water, sunlight and air over a period of several months, allows the progressive colonisation of many microalgae, typical of the ecosystem of our hydro-mineral basin.
Anti-inflammatory active ingredients in Euganean thermal mud
European Patent no. 1571203 protects and guarantees the presence of many active ingredients in thermal mud, which are naturally produced during the maturation process when properly controlled. Scientific research by the Centro Studi Termali Pietro d'Abano, the owner of the patent, has enabled it to be identified and proved its effectiveness in treating chronic inflammatory and degenerative diseases, particularly in the bones and joints.
Mud and thermal baths:
Many scientific studies carried out on the thermal muds of Abano Terme have shown what our Guests have been experiencing for years: daily mud-bath therapy sessions at our Thermal Centre have the following beneficial effects:
- Anti-inflammatory, no potentially harmful side effects
- Analgesic: less pain, better quality of life
- Strengthening of the immune system thanks to the positive stress induced in our body, which activates its defences
- Improvement in the condition of joint cartilage
- Stimulation of the metabolism
- Detoxification of the body
- Pleasant silky effect due to the micro-scrub action of mud in contact with the skin
What we treat with mud-balneotherapy
Our 100% natural therapy is particularly suitable in combating osteoarthritis and other degenerative conditions, disc disease, osteoporosis, peri-arthritis, extra-articular rheumatism, tendonitis, lower back pain, fibromyalgia, after orthopaedic surgery and fracture injuries.
Mud-balneotherapy: one session in four steps
- 1. Thermal therapy is a real healing ritual. It begins with the application of mud in the reserved cabin. The areas treated, the temperature of the mud and the application time are prescribed by the doctor during the medical check-up on admission.
- 2. After an application time of about 15-20 minutes, well-covered to prevent heat dispersion, the therapist proceeds with removing the mud from the body. This is followed by an abundant shower of thermal water.
- 3. Then it's time to relax in the tub with thermal water and added ozone, at a temperature of about 36-38°C. The body absorbs the minerals in the water by osmosis.
- 4. The reactivating massage is intended to relax the muscles. The heat absorbed by the body allows the massage therapist to perform deeper manual techniques, increasing the effectiveness of the treatment.